Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Slices of Life Singapore

It 'was a spur of the moment just wanted to get out of Bangkok for a few days.

I've never been to Singapore, but I have friends who were born there and moved to the United States when they were young.

I think I was just curious and looking for a backup in Bangkok, Thailand to live.

Visa laws can change quickly, and have in Thailand, so I have to check this excuse, Singapore.

They have led the country motto, Onward, Singapore.

Singapore is an islandThis is only about 270 square kilometers, is considered the smallest country in Southeast Asia and has only been an independent republic since 1965.

I chose to fly Cathay Pacific Airlines low-cost, which is a relative of Hong Kong, which is not important, but I thought I'd mention it.

It's a short flight, so no matter which airline you choose, can not tolerate unpleasantness or pain for a few hours.

Including all taxes and duties, mybus ticket will cost 20 835 Thai Baht, that about $ 675.

The first thing I noticed when I stepped outside the airport terminal, was how clean the city, I mean, it was very clean. No waste, no gum, no cigarette butts. Clean, with a capital "C" and you have the feeling that people are proud of this fact.

If you need a calling card, the green is a great name (it is a local prepaid SIM card company) and is inexpensive and easy to slip into your phone.

Arrival at aCity, a mass transit system in place that you can get everything at once added, is always a plus. I climbed the green line (the other two are red and purple lines) to Singapore Changi Airport, and only about 30 minutes or so (about 20 minutes by car) and I was checked at the Marina Mandarin Hotel.

The Marina Mandarin Hotel is a 5 star hotel that was just a great renewal. It has a large hall with live music, which is quite eloquent.

The hotel is locatedon the opposite side of the road from Suntec Convention & Exhibition Centre and the Esplanade. The Esplanade is the new Performing Arts Centre in Singapore.

It 'hard to imagine that this city was once just a sleepy fishing village that grew into a port and what it is today to visit a big city.

You can get a clear view of the skyscrapers that financial and commercial center in Singapore to be defined. From here you can walk to the heart of the financialDistrict in about 10 minutes.

I almost felt like a movie set was because there was not much activity on the streets. It was sort of an episode of the Twilight Zone, in which the characters enter a city, but there is no activity.

Thinking about the city as a relaxed elegance. You know that there is no money, but it's low key. I came to the city to call Singapore-rich, rather than Singapore because, unlike Bangkok, it was not a cheap place to stay, eat or shop.

Thirty-five dollarscut for a haircut seemed a bit 'up to me, and I have to go to 4 different salons. Common positions were very convenient, but the standard for Singapore.

You can have a good overview of the city and the country is bare the same name as a copy of the newspaper in English, International Herald Tribune.

I went to dinner at the Aqua Marina Restaurant at the hotel and it was a peach blossom (Chinese) Restaurant disappointed, because I like good service, and I felt like I wasinterfere with the employees there, but I really liked the atmosphere, food and service in the Italian restaurant, the hotel's fifth floor restaurant called Bologna.

If you're a jogger, the Marina Mandarin Hotel Singapore Raffles Boulevard and on a very short distance from the War Memorial Park is a park is very clean and safe.

There are many hotels, but one thing I learned in my travels is to talk about how many people there and how you can get the scoop on the bestPlaces to go, eat, shop and drink.

I took my own advice and found a source of knowledge by many friends.

I found more than one person, who was the best sushi restaurant in the city of Tatsu. Tatsu is a simple restaurant and a small sushi and Japanese, but it's a great place for lunch or dinner.

Maggie, who Managress (Managress and I like the word for a woman) was so happy, my questions and respond to tens of all time to bring a smile.

Tatsu is on30 Victoria Street, and would not be eaten as a site of modest price. They spend money, but the quality is worth it. Again, not a fancy place, but it is worth investigating.

If you're not the type of sushi patron, do not worry, there's a Morton's Steakhouse in Chicago at the Oriental Hotel Raffles Avenue.

Are you in favor of Indian cuisine, take the purple line in Little India MRT and shop while you're there. There is a Sikh temple and a large central marketwith all kinds of interesting foods and spices. He wakes up his nose.

You must try the lassi. It is a yogurt drink that had fruit and very refreshing and I am somehow addicted to the taste of strawberry flavored lassi.

The smells of Little India is fascinating, as the scent of jasmine and marigolds of Campbell Lane. You can spend a whole day in Little India, within walking around shopping, food, and photography.

Above the channel of LittleIndia is an area called Kampong Glam and the shoppers are some of the open trade, 3 or 4 clock in the morning. It 'better to go during the week.

gelam the trees, the area under the trees, which once called the area.

What was really fascinating, Kampong Glam was, what I would call the ideal world.

All in the same neighborhood, there is a Christian church, a Chinese temple, a Hindu temple and an Islamic mosque, and all in harmonytogether with the locals worship, respectively.

It 's just made me think that really move forward together on this planet, if you will.

Many of the streets are named after the cities of the Middle East.

I met a few young ladies in an outdoor mall, and after the usual chatter, I asked to work in Singapore and the answer was. "Good work is not easy to find"

What he meant, this statement is that finding a job, but it's hard to findwell-paid job with a good company.

If you make a travel visa, there are dozens of hotels all over the fabric several consulates in Singapore. The Thai consulate is almost directly across the street (Orchard Road) from 'Hotel Hilton.

There is certainly no shortage of hotels in Singapore, but like most big cities, get great names, great prices. My room at the Marina Mandarin was $ 300. per night in all the mini-bar, this is really a minister, was veryattractive.

Tax on most items is 7 percent, and complete the numbers reflect a receipt as it is, AMT rounded.

English is spoken everywhere in the city, making it easier to communicate your needs and your goals.

Something that was really my mind was the Ferris wheel at Marina Bay. E 'was named the Singapore Flyer.

When I say, the Singapore Flyer is huge, I mean, really, really great. It is 165 meters. It might be easier to imagine ifI tell you, it's about the height of a building of 45 floors.

It 'a milestone. There are 28 capsules to travel in this circle of fear and each capsule is capable of 28 passengers.

The capsules are equipped with air conditioning and it takes 30 minutes to form a full circle for the photo-lovers plenty of time to take snapshots of the landscape not only Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia, but in the distance.

This would be a great way to cap a day in particular with thesomeone or a group of friends. Hire a host-capsule and a glass of wine while taking a sunset. It will give you a new perspective on the world.

There are special rates for group and corporate rates, rates for special events. You could get married on the Singapore Flyer for a day of truly memorable.

Two other wheels are due to start soon spinning Ferris. It will be in Dubai and the largest ever built, called the Beijing Great Wheel, in turn, in 2009.

Onone of my MRT ride, I had a long conversation with a middle-aged family man who painted a clear picture of what life was like in Singapore. It seemed a bit 'disappointed the government, and after a while' surfing the Internet, now fully understand his point of view.

He said: "The government is like your father. Will do anything for you. He wants your decisions about what is the right thing to do for you. He will give you enough to not starve, but never enough so thatsaves time and separately. "

After the man told me this, I asked if I knew what it meant and I realized that I did. He wanted to leave Singapore, but said that just is not possible anytime soon.

I found it to be an interesting spectacle.

My conclusion was that the country is in two parts, Singapore and Singapore-rich.

Singapore has been scratched from my list of backups in Bangkok, Thailand, but it is a very beautiful country,Visit and spend money.

If you have not traveled outside the home, advise me to do. Premiums for help, food culture, architecture and people to help you understand how complex this rock spinning in space really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment